Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dining Room Curtains


I have been in my house for a little over 5 years and I finally put curtains up in the dining room. I live in the country so I don't have many people peering in and watching us eat but it was time.

I had been scouring the thrift shops for month but no luck. I could have bought new curtains but I love a challenge. I found curtains that were almost long enough for $3 per panel and looked brand new. I added a bottom strip to each one and I really like how it turned out. I used Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt.

Once I finally kill the flowers on the bench I think I should make some pillows to sit there. What do you think?


 I had the bunting up as the only curtain decoration for years. I used vintage dish cloth, ticking, and cutter bark cloth curtains. I added some buttons and doilies. The metal letter tags spell out our last name.
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love the pillow idea. When you are ready to add the pillows, I think it would be cute to hang the curtains upside down so that the print is on the top and not hidden by the pillows.

    ReplyDelete